Quick, Easy, Nutritious Breakfast on the Go!


I don't know about you but I hate eating cereal every morning! Just like any other meal, breakfast needs to be changed up a bit. This English Muffin Sandwich is loaded with essential nutrients to keep your brain and your body strong all day. Avocados provide good fats, fiber, and potassium while the egg gives you essential protein. Choosing a whole wheat instead of white English Muffin gives you more fiber which is important if you are watching your weight. Be ready to head out the door in 5 minutes with a morning meal that will fuel your day!



1 whole wheat English Muffin
3 slices avocado
1 egg
1 slice cheddar cheese
2 Tbs hummus (any flavor you like, optional)
1 Tbs Butter
salt and pepper


Place a small skillet on the stove and over medium-low heat melt 1 Tbs butter. When the butter is melted, swirl to coat the pan. Add your egg. Cook however you like. I prefer over easy. Season with salt and pepper.

Cut your English muffin in half and place in the toaster. Toast until lightly golden.
Assemble your breakfast! Spread your hummus on each side of the English Muffin; layer on the egg, avocado, and cheese. If you aren't in a hurry I like to have some plain yogurt with fresh fruit or granola on the side.

0 comments: