Baking Spree Triple Feature!

Livin' in sweet scone bliss!

There are two reasons why I go on a baking spree: stress and boredom. When I gte bored, I want to eat. And when I want to eat I usually want something sweet which means I end up making either chocolate chip cookies or banana chocolate chip muffins. When I get stressed, on the other hand, baking provides me a sort of soothing release. THe act of mixing and measuring and the smell of fresh baked goods somehow calms me and I forget that my house is a wreck, Patrick is coming home from work late or Xavier (my 2 year old) has just made a "number two" on the couch....that totally happened last week.

Yesterday, was one of those stressful days. Xavier woke up a little fussy from his nap, Patrick got off late from work, the house was (and still is) a total mess, I had an 11pm indoor soccer game and instead of planning something for dinner I decided to make Apple Bread. And there began my downward baking spiral. Well, it's not really a downward spiral if when you're done you get to eat goodies for the next week and a half, right!

So here are the characters who made the baking spree cast!
  • Apple Bread with Sugar and Cinnamon Topping
  • Cranberry Orange Scones
  • Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
I'll be posting one recipe per day! Time to indulge!

0 comments: